Safety and Studio Etiquette
In order to ensure a safe and comfortable environment for all, we ask that you read and follow these suggestions.
- Hydration begins before class. Drink plenty of water before and after class.
- Signing in for each class is important for many reasons. For your first class, you will also need to fill out the New Participant Forms.
- We may use essential oils during class. Competing odors can make a small heated room very uncomfortable. Since breathing is an integral aspect of our yoga practice, please arrive free of perfume, cologne, scented lotions, and body odor.
- Even vibrating cell phones can be a disturbance. Please turn them off or leave them at home. Your focus this hour should be on yourself.
- Arrive 15 minutes early to ensure your place in class. The door will be locked when class begins.
- In our quaint studio, we stagger our mats so that we can all practice comfortably. It may also be necessary for you to stagger yourself on your mat for certain postures when the class is at capacity.
- Comfortable, non-loose clothing is recommended. Underwear belongs under your clothing. We will not hesitate to let you know if we believe your attire is inappropriate.
- A towel to use on your mat is required. Your sweat will need a place to land!
Listen to your body. It is your responsibility to learn, know, and understand your body’s abilities and limitations.
Never force yourself into a posture or strain past your body’s capability.
Obtain clearance from your doctor if you currently have a medical condition or are on medication.
We apologize but at this time we do not offer prenatal classes.
You must be 18 years of age or older to participate in our classes.